In accordance with the Import and Export (Registration) Regulations, Chapter 60 and the Industrial Training (Clothing Industry) Ordinance, Chapter 318, Laws of Hong Kong, every person who imports or exports any article other than an exempted article is required to lodge with the Commissioner of Customs and Excise an accurate and complete import/export declaration within 14 days after the importation/exportation of the article and pay the required declaration charges. Any late lodgment of declaration will result in penalty being imposed on the importer/exporter.
There are six types of declaration: -
- Import Declaration Form 1 (for non- food items)
- Import Declaration Form 1A (for food items)
- Import Declaration Form 1B (for articles exempted from declaration charge)
- Export/ Re-export Declaration Form 2 (for Hong Kong made non-clothing and non-footwear items)
- Export Declaration Form 2A (for Hong Kong made clothing and footwear items)
- Export Declaration Form 2B (for articles exempted from declaration charge)
Since 1997, Tradelink has been providing services for electronic lodgment of Import/export declarations.
Long Service Hours
7 days a week, 16 hours a day from 7 am to 11 pm for the submission of Import & Export Declarations to the Government; any submission beyond the Government's operating hours (from 11 pm to 7 am) will be stored in Tradelink system until the Government resumes operation at 7 am
Simple Fee Payments
Payments are made electronically by direct debit from customers' bank accounts
Much of the information can be retrieved from stored databases, saving time and reducing the risk of error
Tradelink's software offers the option of preparing lodgments to Government using English, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese
Comply with trade regulations
Enjoy greater convenience with round the clock service
Ensure accuracy avoiding duplicate data entry
Please call 2599 1700 for more information.