China Mobile Hong Kong's warehouse productivity doubled after digitalisation
- Our client, China Mobile Hong Kong Company Limited ("CMHK"), is one of the mobile network operators possessing the most frequency spectra resources in Hong Kong
- In view of its fast-growing 5G network and home broadband businesses, CMHK wished to enhance the productivity of its equipment warehouse which supports the maintenance work of its base station facilities around Hong Kong
- With a labour- dependent operation, CMHK’s equipment warehouse generated massive amount of paper documents every day. Such practice was inefficient and prone to error
- Though there are a number of different parties involved in its day-to-day warehouse operations including internal engineers and external contractors/suppliers, CMHK did not have a standardized system to connect these users for synchronized warehouse information. This caused a waste of time and efforts on back-and-forth offline communication
- Due to the lack of digital records on goods inbound/outbound, it was difficult for CMHK to monitor and control work progress and inventory status at the warehouse.
- Tradelink provided CMHK with a cloud-based warehouse management system (WMS), coupled with the use of mobile applications, handhelds and QR codes, to digitalise the management of warehouse operations
- Connecting different users through a standardised platform, the WMS enables warehouse operations and inventory status to be updated in real time for different users to access
- With the implementation of online approval, CMHK can achieve better control over its warehouse operations.
- Established paperless warehouse environment that minimizes human errors
- Introduced a centralised system that enhances the transparency of information and controls over warehouse operations and inventory status
- Time for stock-taking and goods pick-up scheduling is significantly shortened with the use of handheld devices and centralised system during inbound and outbound workflow
- Warehouse productivity doubled due to digitization and streamlined workflows